The U.S. Consulate General Lahore is seeking an eligible and qualified individual for the position of LGF Coordinator in the Regional Security Office (RSO).
NOTE: All applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
- EDUCATION: Completion of Secondary school (10 years of education) is required.
- EXPERIENCE: Three years of progressively responsible experience in law enforcement, military or security oversight is required.
- LANGUAGE: Level IV (fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing English & Urdu is required. Language skills will be tested.
- KNOWLEDGE: Incumbent must have a good working knowledge of security force operations. Must be able to obtain an excellent working knowledge of the LGF contract and all published guard orders. Must be able to obtain a good working knowledge of the Foreign Affairs Manual pertaining to security and the Bureau of Diplomatic Security’s standard operating procedures for the administration of the LGF. Incumbent must be able to get familiarity with the functions of all sections in the consulate in order to properly operate in the position. Must have an in depth knowledge of host country political, cultural and security situation.
- ABILITIES & SKILLS: Incumbent must have an excellent intellectual and interpersonal skills and proficient in MS Office Suite. Basic working knowledge and familiarization of radio communications equipment, non-lethal devices, X-ray machines, CAMS System etc. Must have valid Pakistani driving license for LTV or Motor Car/Jeep.
When qualified, applicants who are U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and/or preference-eligible U.S. Veterans are given a preference in hiring. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants make themselves known as having a hiring preference and specifically address the required qualifications above in their application.
Interested candidates for this position must submit their completed DS-174 (Application for Employment as LE Staff or Family Member) by e-mail at PakJobs@state.gov. According to daily Dawn, the Vacancy Announcement Number (e.g. 15-189) must be mentioned in the subject line of the email.
OPENING DATE: April 14, 2017
POSITION: LGF Coordinator FSN-7, FP-7*
CLOSING DATE: April 27, 2017
POSITION NO: L-56283
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 40 hours/week
SALARY: *Not-Ordinarily Resident: US$ 40,665 p.a. (Starting salary) (Position Grade: FP-7 to be confirmed by Washington) *Ordinarily Resident: Rs.1,007,778 p.a. (Starting salary) (Position Grade: FSN-7)
NOTE: ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION: April 27, 2017